Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #5





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.

My Internet finally got fixed yay! This weeks's STS is a combination of last week's + this week's haul since my Internet last week was abysmal. So it's a BIG one :)

I also just got back from a weekend away with 19 other friends in the Blue Mountains :) we rented this gorgeous house and chilled in it for the weekend. It was a great way to relax, chat to some people I'd never really got to known (we all belong to the same society in uni but as I'm a 3rd year uni student, there were some 2nd years I wasn't close to) and catch up with those I did know. 2.5 days filled with table tennis, mah jong, poker and drinking! Twas awesome :D

For the week ending 10th February (last week) my bank account gave to me:


  • Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale (Contemporary) - looked interesting so I decided to buy it and see how it is. I'm halfway through it at the moment and it's quite decent.
  • Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Paranormal) - I've actually already read this. I bought the ebook when I realised my bookstore wouldn't be getting it in as the copy I ordered was having shipment issues from the USA. Since I'm so impatient I just read the ebook first and decided to buy the physical copy later (much later lol). My review of Opal can be found here

And this week I got a TONNE of books:


  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead (Paranormal) - WOOT got the physical copy on the day of it's release. What an amazing book :D A part of me wishes I'd read the physical copy first because it feels so good to hold it while another part of me is so happy I was approved for the NG and got to read it before heaps of other people. Anyway my review for TIS is here
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy #2) by J.A. London (Paranormal) - I quite enjoyed Darkness Before Dawn (book 1) and have been looking for BKS for AGES so when I finally found it: MUST GET!
  • The Goddess Test (The Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter (Paranormal/Fantasy) - I'd been meaning to read this for so long but all the mixed reviews had me hesitant. Then the beautiful Shirley @ Shiirleyy's Bookshelf sent a copy to me as a gift <3 THANK YOU SHIRLEY <33333333
  • Flawed by Kate Avelynn (Contemporary/New Adult) - I have heard STARK RAVING MAD reviews about this book since it was released as an ARC all the way to it's official release. I've been after the physical copy since I first heard about it so this was another must get!
  • Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Fantasy) - Oh my sweet GOODNESS. FINALLY. I'd ordered this in from my bookstore a whole month prior to the release in November 2012 but they kept having issues with their shipment. I eventually got the ebook and read and finished it. So now I finally got the physical copy. I haven't written my review of it yet because I wanted the physical copy before I did so :P (also gives me an excuse to re-read it, I'VE RE-READ CHAPTER 22 COUNTLESS TIMES <3)
  • Legend (Legend #1) and Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu (Dystopian) - heard awesome things about this 2012 debut and been meaning to check it out for ages. I sort of regret not getting the hardbacks as I've seen how beautiful they look on the inside.
  • The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redmerski (Contemporary/New Adult) - I just found that this is a series when I looked it up on GR to link here o-o... got recommended this book and got the ebook but it was way too long to read on my iPad mini so I got the physical copy. I've heard amazing things about this too!
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi (Dystopian/Sci-Fi) - sodjfl;okfjnbdkfjao;fnslfsdlfnskdlfsd OH MY FREAKING GOD I FINALLY HAVE IT. ERMAGHERD!!!
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons #1) by Julia Quinn (Adult Romance) - heard great things about this series so I bought it to see if I can handle the adult romance genre lol.
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han (Contemporary) - Lisa @ Badass Bookie recommended this to me and so many other book bloggers say the Summer series is absolute love.
  • Splintered by A.G. Howard (Paranormal/Fantasy) - been seeing this around and I wanted to check out a fairytale retelling. Also saw a lot of hype around it's release. ANDDDD IT'S SO GORGEOUS. The jacket is beautiful, the actual book without the jacket is lovely... AND THE INSIDE IS SO PRETTY; THE WRITING IS PURPLE AND EACH CHAPTER TITLE THING HAS ALL THESE FLOWERS. Even if I don't like it, I'd be happy to just look and touch it @_@
  • Angel (Angel #1) by L.A. Weatherly (Paranormal) - not pictured coz I forgot I received this too. Been telling myself to read this for ages so I finally bought it.

Lotsa books <3 what did you receive this week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great weekend away bb!! <33 You time away sounds like it was AMAZING.

    *deep breath* OOOOOPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL,
    Oh my heart. I just finished the book. FEELINGS. A LOT OF THEM. PARTICULARLY DIRECTED TOWARDS THAT ENDING. Oh and Daemon. DAEMON. Damnnnn. *fans self*

    So envious that you have a copy of The Indigo Spell and that you've READ it already! I'm still waiting for my copy to come from The Book Depository. I NEED IT NOWWWW.

    FABULOUSSSS HAUL BB. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. I don't know if I could cope with having so many people around me though. I'm pretty much an introvert - people make me tired. You got an amazing assortment of books. I read the Splintered eARC but it sounds like the finished book is amazing. I may have to get a copy. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some awesome books this week. The Goddess test series is really good, I got an ARC of the last one and its really great.
    Jennifer L. Armentrout books!! I love all of her books, shes a awesome writer.
    I can't wait to read Unravel Me, I loved Shatter Me so much, although I have been seeing some reviews that say Unravel Me isn't as good as the first.
    Old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, OPAL is so good!!! Enjoy.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete