Friday, August 16, 2013

A-Z Book Survey

AtoZsurvey


Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner makes the funnest posts - she's the one that started the End of Year Book survey and she just made this fun A to Z survey which I adore.

Author you’ve read the most books from:

It's a tie between Jennifer L. Armentrout and Richelle Mead - 10 books each.
 (Only doing YA, if we included all those Babysitter Club and Jacqueline Wilson MG books I've read my gosh LOL)

Best Sequel Ever:

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, sequel to the 2012 fantasy debut, Throne of Glass. Far out this book killed me, it was so beautiful and just hit all the notes perfectly.

Currently Reading:

The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon - heralded as the next J.K. Rowling as she signed a 7 book deal with Bloomsbury.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Tea always <3

E-reader or Physical Book?

PHYSICAL! I REALLY dislike e-books and only read them because of eARCs/ebooks that aren't released in physical form.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Ohmygod this is so hard because I never dated in high school :( ummmm... I want to say Aiden St. Delphi from JLA's Covenant series but that's just not likely, a guy like that would not date a girl like me no matter how much I'd dream of it LOL. So uhhh... Will from Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta me thinks.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Losing It by Cora Carmack - funny story behind this. Last year before Losing It was released, Cora followed me on twitter and I didn't think much of it. Much later I was going through my Followers list and I saw that she's a debuting author so I looked up Losing It and my first thought was "woah a book about a girl trying to lose her virginity? What message is that sending to young girls out there?!" Then closer to the release I decided to check this book out as it was on NG... I requested it and I FELL IN LOVE WITH GARRICK TAYLOR. Cora in fact sends the right message to young readers and I heart her and her books so much! This is a kee

Hidden Gem Book:

The Boys of Summer (Summer #1) by C.J. Duggan. It's an Aussie YA set in the Australian summer in a country town and it's got that gorgeous laid back style that only an Aussie book can achieve. I think it's also set in the 90s too because I got that vibe and it gave it that real relaxed and chilled feel. I absolutely adored this book - it's nothing serious or major but it's cute and sweet and extremely enjoyable. If you love Aussie YA (which I know most people do) I think you should check this out.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Finding out about the book blogging community/Twitterverse thanks to my friend Mariam. Without her I wouldn't have discovered the book blogging world and made such awesome friends!

Just Finished:

Camp Boyfriend by J.K. Rock. 3.5/5 a fun, summery read!

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I tend to not read as much dystopian as I get fed up with them easily. I'm also shying away from "new adult" books with a lot of angst - especially ones about (sexual) abuse or shady pasts. They're painful to read and I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of them all following the same premise and a lot of them aren't written that great.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 766 pages. Not that many really.

Major book hangover because of:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I didn't know how to function for ages after that book. Actually, every time I think of it I want to just break down and cry.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Just the 1 but I've got enough books to fill 3! This one bookcase takes up a whole wall and is stacked 3 in per shelf.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - this series omgggg <3

Preferred Place To Read:

In bed. It's just the most comfortable place to read and I'm in my jammys so <3

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world... but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices." - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Reading Regret:

Not having read Susan Ee's Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days #1) sooner! That is a damn amazing book.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):

The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta. I've read book 1 (Finnikin) and I've started Froi but I need to finish this series because Melina is one of my favourite authors ever!

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:


Aiden St. Delphi from Covenant and Crown of Midnight - Chaol Westfall <3

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - THE LAST BOOK OMG!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Eating and reading at the same time, I get so many crumbs in my books lol it's gross.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - this is amazing omg.

Your latest book purchase:

The Darkest Part by Trisha Wolfe (it came out today!)

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. It's one helluva debut and omg it had be sobbing and just ALL the feels.

1 comment:

  1. Yes to Crown of Midnight being an amazing sequel! Chaol is definitely swoon worthy.

    Also, you probably won't believe me but I still haven't read The Fault in Our Stars. :(

    I love your blog. New Bloglovin follower!

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete