Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #22: Blogger Meet Up Edition

I've been a very bad girl. I was meant to post a review this week but I never got around to finishing it (I'll DEFINITELY have it out for the week beginning December 1) so I'm posting a STS instead *guilty look* in my defence I did say I was going to do these weekly so that I didn't get massive hauls that take ages to write a post for. I don't even know why I didn't finish the review (and many more for that matter) but everyday when I got home from work I either slept or lazed around doing who knows what LOL. Anyway, HAPPY DECEMBER! Christmas is 24 days away omg. While most in the northern hemisphere are going to have a white Christmas, over here in Australia it's shorts and tanks out, sunscreen and sunnies on, and we hit the beaches!

Yesterday, thanks to Mandee at Vegan YA Nerds, we had a book blogger meetup in Sydney! Attendees included Manda from HarperCollins Australia, Sonia from Bloomsbury Sydney, Kristy and Zoe from Random House Australia, Shaheen at Speculating on SpecFic, Kim at Two Girls and a Novel, Sunny at A Sunny Spot, Jenna at Belle's Bookshelf, and some other lovely book club and bookish peoples who were awesome to talk to (I hope I didn't forget anybody I already know). It was great to catch up and talk about books and also meet some new people. I had a great time and I reckon we should definitely do it again sometime.

This week's haul:


Unsolicited:
Thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for these review copies <3

Requested:
  • Shadowfell (Shadowfell #1) by Juliet Marillier (Fantasy)
  • Raven Flight (Shadowfell #2) by Juliet Marillier (Fantasy)
Thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia for these review copies <3

Thanks to Sonia at Bloomsbury Australia for this ARC


Gifted:
The lovely ladies at Random House Australia also gave us a goody bag with an adorable book journal, chapter sampler of Chasing the Valley by Skye Melki-Wegner, beautifully designed blank greeting cards, and signed Passion bookmark by Lauren Kate!

Bought:
Lovely end to the week, thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool you got to meet all those Aussie bloggers! I met Mandee at BEA last year and she is awesome. Also such a great haul. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete