Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blogoversary Day 5: Amie Kaufman


Woah day 5 of my blogoversary celebrations already and...  I have Amie Kaufman guest posting on my blog. Yes, you heard right. The co-author of my favourite 2013 debut, These Broken Stars (which was also my favourite book cover of 2013), is HERE, on my blog, doing a guest post!!! I've met Amie personally in real life (are you jealous?) and she's one of the funniest people I've ever met. She nearly talks as fast as I do (I talk REALLY fast guys, so fast I occasionally stumble over words and don't make sense because my mouth can't keep up with my brain) and everything that comes out of her mouth is either extremely hilarious or very thought provoking. I hear Amie's also co-authoring a book with Jay Kristoff, another Melbourne based author. This is unfair. Really unfair. Both authors have ripped my heart to shreds. If you've read TBS you know Amie (and Meg) can be CRUEL. Um yeah... SO! 

Amie will be sharing with us her 14 most anticipated releases of 2014.

Amie's Most Anticipated 2014 Releases

Wooo, thanks for having me! HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! I hope the blog got you a nice present. The first anniversary is paper, you know. So… a book?

For my gift, I'm going to share some of the books I'm most excited for in 2014! I could easily have given you my top 100, but since we're heading into 2014, I've limited myself to just 14. Isn't 2014 going to be an amazing year? I could have picked out 14 books for every day of the week, and there are heaps I haven't mentioned, but I've tried to make up a list that features the start, end and middle of trilogies and duologies, as well as standalone options. In alphabetical order (because I couldn't POSSIBLY rank them), here they are! And readers, I love to hear YOUR suggestions!

1. Alienated - Melissa Landers
Intergalactic exchange students! I got my hands on an ARC of this early, and no kidding, I nearly missed my flight reading it! It's quick, funny and Melissa's alter ego as a romance author means the steamy bits are swoonworthy!

2. Clariel - Garth Nix
Garth Nix is one of my greatest influences, and I've read my copies of Sabriel, Lirael and Abshorsen until the covers are tattered. I'm so excited for CLARIEL, and if you haven't read the first three, get to work!

3. Echoes of Us - Kat Zhang
I'm so excited for the third book in this amazing trilogy. The writing is hauntingly beautiful, and the world is fascinating. Months ago I sat brainstorming with Kat, and now the story's ready to wrap up, I'm itching to get my hands on a copy and see what made it in!

4. Extraction - Stephanie Diaz
The heroine of extraction manages to score a spot in the safer core of her planet, leaving behind the boy she loves on the surface -- and she soon realises there's more at stake for both of them than she ever imagined. There's so much good SF coming in 2014, and I can't wait for this one!

5. For Real - Alison Cherry
I absolutely looooved RED by Alison Cherry--hysterically funny satire I couldn't put down. I can't wait for her take on reality TV, and I'm scheming to get my hands on a copy ASAP!

6. Frozen - Erin Bowman
Before TAKEN, I was dying to know what was outside the wall. Now, I have more questions than ever. Crossing off the days on my calendar!

7. Her Dark Curiosity - Megan Shepherd
The end of The Madman's Daughter left me screaming for more, and let me tell you, Her Dark Curiosity will NOT disappoint you! Not long to wait now!

8. Skylark #3 - Meagan Spooner
Aaaaah, this book! Anyone who's read Meg's work knows how lyrical her writing is, and the conclusion to her Skylark trilogy is a thing of beauty. Epic, heart-stopping, surprising and yet totally right -- you guys are going to LOVE this book.

9. Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo
I must know how it all ends! I'm totally Team Mal, but I'm desperate to know how this trilogy turns out for every character!

10. Salvage - Alexandra Duncan
I've been looking forward to this story of a future Earth for a long time now, and in 2014 I'm finally going to get my chance to read! Compared to Beth Revis and Margaret Atwood, I know this one is going to be for me.

11. Strange and Ever After - Susan Dennard
I don't want to see the end of the Spirit Hunters, but I'm dyyyyying to know how the story concludes! I feel like I've been waiting foreeeeever and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

12. The Elemental Trilogy #2 - Sherry Thomas
THE BURNING SKY was a standout read of 2013 for me, and I walked away with a week-long book hangover. I must have more. I MUST HAVE MORE.

13. The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski
Everybody's talking about this book already, and I want! Star-crossed love, slaves and spies? BRING IT.

14. The Young Elites - Marie Lu
I don't want to give too much away… but think X-Men in Renaissance Italy, in a feud with many sides and no right answer. Commence flailing now, people. This book is amaaaazing.


And there's my list! As I said above, it could have been so, so much longer, so I'd love to hear your suggestions!

---

Woah seems like there are some series I really need to start!

Amie, does getting a present for myself count? LOL

*Shoves Mal at Amie* HAVE HIM. Because the Darkling is MINE <3 I'm so excited for R&R too :3
And Marie Lu's new book omg I must have this! I have also heard a lot about The Winner's Curse and the absolutely amazing reviews so I want this.

Thank you so much Amie for stopping by, I know you must be heaps busy! *Hugs*

Guys. GUYS. Katie McGarry. Tomorrow. BE THERE.

1 comment: