Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.

This week's: Top Ten Characters Who Stole My Heart (Book Boyfriend Style)

Clicking on the book cover will take you to the Goodreads page for the series/book.

Aiden St. Delphi from the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

With his dark hair, quicksilver eyes and absolute belief in Alexandria Andros, this man stole my heart completely. He was never threatened by Alex's power, he never looked  down on her. Aiden's absolute respect and eventual willingness to step back and let Alex wield her power as the Apollyon and do her thing made me really love him. Not to mention he's hella sexy and sweet.

Chaol Westfall from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

Jesus Christ do I even need to explain myself? Just... Go read the books. *Flails*

Darkling from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

Yes I'm probably a masochist for loving him. Call me twisted but there's something about his seductiveness and charm that totally got me. I would willingly go into his Shadow Fold *cackles* But seriously, there's so much enigma surrounding him, I have a feeling that if the layers get peeled back in Ruin and Rising, a damaged man will appear and that's going to draw me to him even more.

Ash from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa

I seem to have a thing for the dark ones don't I? I love looking beneath the cool facade to see the turmoil beneath, Their dark pasts and secrets make them all the more intriguing, and this was especially the case with Ash. I love who he is underneath the title of Prince of the Winter Court.

Warner from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi

I've been #TeamWarner since Shatter Me! People said I was daft but then Unravel Me happened and I was like SEE? Again one of the dark, damaged ones :o
UNRAVEL ME CHAPTER 62
IGNITE ME CHAPTER 55
THAT IS ALL.

Phoenix from The Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington

Don't get me wrong I love Linc, but that's a given. Phoenix was the dark, mysterious one (woah hey big surprise there that this boy stole my heart) that you either loved or hated. He broke everyone's trust at one point but I still believed in him until the end. I had faith in this boy, and oh the heartache he put me through. Much feels.

Adam Wilde from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Adam seemed like the type of guy parents warned their daughters against - lead singer of a rising rock band, the seemingly stereotypical playboy. I loved how Forman changed that completely about him. Adam's completely faith and love for Mia stunned me. He's not perfect but he loved Mia exactly the way she was, he didn't ever want her to be anything different to the classical cellist she was. He loved her in every form because he loved her for WHO she was, not what she was. And then reading his story in Where She Went? Seeing the torment from his perspective? No words.

Lucas Maxfield from Easy (Contours of the Heart) by Tammara Webber

A guy in a new adult book who didn't be-little women. Who didn't have a destructive relationship with the MC or hurt them. Lucas never saw Jacqueline as someone inferior who needed to be constantly shielded. He never went caveman on her. He saw her strength, he empowered her. These are the kind of men girls need to be reading about. An artist, and very smart, Lucas was the whole package (yes he's extremely sexy too).

Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I know how everybody says his dour and unpleasant nature in the beginning was not appealing at all. But as Mr. Darcy fumbled his way through society and met his match in wit and intellect, who could not acknowledge that it was amusing to watch him change? As he realised the folly of his initial judgements and prejudices, his character grew and I loved that about him.

Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

Ohmygoodness. Again, a guy that doesn't see women as inferior. He saw Rose's potential, saw her for who she truly was. Dimitri admired her fighting finesse and wasn't afraid to admit that she was better than him, heck he was proud of her. His belief in her always took my breath away. Just everything about this man. CAN THEY PLEASE JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY?

No comments:

Post a Comment