Sunday, June 8, 2014

Summoner: Origins by A.G. Macdonald

I haz vellllyyyy interesting post for you guys today. You see, there is this Aussie author on Twitter whom I talk to about Final Fantasy ... And they're releasing a book. But this book will not be released in the normal manner - it's neither a physical copy NOR an e-book. Have a piqued your interest? Well I should've.

A.G. Macdonald is releasing a web series! How cool is that? I mean I know there are websites like Wattpad that allows people to post stories, but A.G. is doing this really cool thing where, every Thursday, they're posting a chapter of their book Summoner: Origins. Although the wait between chapters is going to kill me.

Summoner: Origins is the prequel story to Summoner. It's described as a mesh of traditional and modern fantasy - but not completely steampunk. Both Summoner: Origins and Summoner are web novels/series.

I can say I've had the privilege to read the beginning of Summoner: Origins AND the first chapter of Summoner. You guys, as a lover of fantasy, I can say this is definitely something to look forward to! Hence, why I'm doing this post. I don't usually promo authors who I don't know much about, but from what I was able to read and glean, the story is very promising.

And now you get to hear the beginning of Summoner: Origins too. Here's the Chapter 1 sneak preview of the audio book for Summoner: Origins

Synopsis:
"After scientists discover a way to extract auras from magical creatures, the Arcean Empire sends bounty hunters to harvest them. But one hero, known as the Summoner, will rise up and fight for them, but who is the Summoner?"


Summoner: Origins premieres June 26th 2014 so keep your eyes peeled for more information and who knows I may have something about Summoner in the future (;

Find A.G. Macdonald at the following places:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AG_Macdonald
Google+: https://plus.google.com/115126834532517612956/posts
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH-OpwqCBGxgQlsEv1CyZRw

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to read a book! People are so creative :) Reminds me of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries - Jane Austen told through Youtube??? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TLBD! It's sort of similar but TLBD was a very different and creative style of a re-telling through vlogs, absolutely loved it.
      Summoner will be like watching a series I think.

      Delete
  2. Omg that is so awesome! And it's cool that they use so many different voices in the audio version too. The wait would probably kill me as well - so might wait till the end when I've accumulated all the chapters before checking this one out. Thanks for sharing this Jaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read an audiobook so I didn't know that using different voices wasn't normal haha!

      Delete