Saturday, July 5, 2014

June Wrap Up & Book Haul

June was another very busy month for me. Semester 1 of uni was finishing up so I was handing in a crap tonne of assignments. In the last 2 weeks of uni alone I wrote over 10,000 words for thesis + Business Research Methods and then I had finals. I'm on break now until the end of July so YAY. I popped down to Melbourne for 5 days the week after exams to relax - I met/caught up with my gaming friends + Mel from YA Midnight Reads (she's so awesome), did heaps of shopping and went along the Great Ocean Road to see the Twelve Apostles. If you want to see more photos of my adventures, I posted some on Instagram.

The Twelve Apostles

Recap:


Book Haul



Edelweiss:

  • The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen [HarperCollins] thanks HarperCollins!


Physical Review Copies:


Thank you Simon & Schuster Aus, Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury Aus, HarperCollins Aus and Hachette Aus for these pretties <3

Free from PTALive:



Bought:

10 comments:

  1. Damn, can't get the clip to play on my Kindle, will have to come back when I'm on the PC to see your lovely haul in the flesh. Wow, that's quite a buying spree, you've bought all the John Green's too? I just need Let It Snow now, I've read it and really wasn't impressed though.

    Rites of Passage, can't pass that up now that you've rated it 4.5 tiny crowns. Going to check it out this afternoon. I haven't read Landline, probably wont to be honest. I enjoyed E & P, but Fangirl wasn't my thing. I really don't see the appeal of RR. I know, most people luuuurve her. Thanks for sharing Jaz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the total opposite to you, I didn't like E&P but I loved Fangirl haha. Landline sort of fell in between. I can understand what you mean.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy Apple and Rain, Jaz! It was sooo good and I still cannot stop thinking about it. I still need to read Cress as well--Scarlet is really good, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than Cinder.

    Happy reading, lovely! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still deciding on whether I want to pick up Apple and Rain haha. I'm really hoping Scarlet is good because Cinder was a disappointment. Trusting you on this :D

      Delete
  3. Wowwww, great haul! That is a LOT of books (where on earth do you fit them all??). I love Rainbow Rowell's writing, but I still am not sure whether to pick up Landline, with it being adult and all (I don't enjoy many adult books). Still, I might make an exception :) I'm really excited to read Apple and Rain - Mel gave it FIVE STARS which...wow. Great recap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I fit them wherever I can find any tiny slot. I've had to remove all my kpop from my 2nd bookshelf to make room >< yeah I don't think Landline is for everybody honestly. I hope you enjoy Apple and Rain.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a big book haul! Sounds like you had a crazy month-hopefully you'll have some down time to relax a bit in July :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July SHOULD be better but there seems to be stuff coming up too - social stuff and thesis B looming in the background and constantly at the back of my mind making me so anxious *sigh*

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I need to start the Cinder series, and Apple and Rain was really really good. I didn't cry, but it was very touching and a brutally honest coming of age story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so both you AND Mel loved this. Damn it. I'm traumatised after Take Back the Skies with unsolicited copies >< I will make time for this then.
      Cinder is definitely something to get on, if just to see what all the hype is about lol.

      Delete