Monday, February 22, 2016

Love-A-Thon 2016: Invitation to Tea



Here's to spreading love and positivity! The 2016 Love-a-Thon is hosted by Alexa, Cee, Hazel and Mel.



Looks like it's tea time! I'm about to have a tea party and I'm inviting Kell (from the Shades of Magic series by VE Schwab) as my fictional character, Cee from the Novel Hermit as my blogger, and Brandon Sanderson as my author. We're going to be talking about imaginary worlds! 

I wanted to expand my horizons and sit down with a blogger I haven't met in real life, an author I really want to meet (I've already met Sarah haha) and characters I don't usually rave about.




With all the world hopping that Kell does, I'd love to see him in conversation with Brandon who is a master creator of worlds. Can you imagine Kell going through the Cosmere? So cool! I'd love to ask Brandon about how he comes up with all these beautiful worlds and the magic systems within. I've recently been getting to know Cee a lot more (I only recently started following her, I thought I was for years but turns out I thought she was someone else... anyway story for another day but basically I am the biggest derp) and I've found we have so much in common. She's my go to person for comic recs these days and we flail a lot together about the most random things (e.g. we were having an all caps Twitter DM convo about bookstagram photos with food). I know she loves fantasy but is only halfway through the Mistborn trilogy so I think this is the perfect opportunity to convince her to get into Sanderson more ahahaha. We'd all chat about these worlds beyond what we know, what powers we'd have in each of these worlds and Kell would obviously tell us his personal experiences with it all. IT'S ONE COOL TEA PARTY GUYS. I bet we'd give the Mad Hatter a run for his money (see what I did there?).

LET'S EAAAAAATTTTT AND DRINK AND BE MERRY.... Ahem in a classy way because it's tea of course.




5 comments:

  1. UMMMMMMM, YOU NEVER TOLD ME KELL WAS GOING TO BE AT THIS TEA PARTY!

    I AM ALL FOR WORLD BUILDING TALK, ESPECIALLY SINCE KELL LIVES AND VENTURES THROUGH DIFFERENT LONDONS AND SANDERSON CREATES VIVID FANTASY WORLDS! (CAN YOU TELL HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS?) I REALLY LOVE THIS. LIKE THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION. THE PEOPLE. I WANT IT TO HAPPEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It's really nice to read about how you to bonded! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY TEA PARTY! (I love the photos, by the way. GORGEOUS.) Also, I'm going to have to read both these book series so that I can crash this tea party properly, aren't I? Because I want to hang out with you and with Cee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Kell going through the Cosmere" -- YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I need an invitation to this party to watch him work his Antari magic into any of Sanderson's settings. It'd be so cool to see it happen in person LOL.

    Cheers,
    Joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I would love to join this party :D

    ReplyDelete